What is LEED?
In 1993, United States Green Building Council was formed. Looking at the amount of energy that buildings consume, it was soon realized that a system was required to define and measure ‘green buildings’. This led to the birth of LEED- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design
The LEED AP Building Design + Construction credential demonstrates advanced knowledge of green building practices with specialization in the Green Building Design + Construction LEED rating systems (New Construction, Schools and Core & Shell). This credential is designed for professionals with hands-on technical experience on a LEED® registered and/or certified project, including architects, designers, engineers, designers, and building managers.
LEED AP Certification Training
- Understand the LEED NC scorecard, Manual and LEED Online well enough to take the LEEAP+ EXAM and know how to perform the role of a LEED Project Administrator
- Possess valuable tools for working on LEED projects, and resources that dig deeper into specific Sustainable Practices.
- Have tools for working on LEED projects that foster team integration and sustainable designed construction process at every phase of a project.
- Gain industry knowledge of what systems and products are available to help a project meet or exceed Green Building goals.
- Get a broader understanding of how the USGBC and LEED Rating Systems are affecting International, Federal, State and local building code.
LEED AP COURSE OBJECTIVES
- Demonstrate knowledge of LEED Building Design and Construction (BD+C) credit intents and requirements;
- Identify and implement green design and building strategies for projects seeking LEED certification;
- Describe the process of submitting a project for BD+C certification; and Implement a plan to study for the LEED BD+C exam.
LEED AP COURSE BENEFITS
Improve the likelihood of achieving the LEED AP BD+C credential on the first attempt. With a well-thought out course design and post-class study tools, many people find this an effective and efficient way to study. You will be actively learning the content you need to know, as well as testing yourself in advance of the exam. So take this course today and set yourself apart as a qualified specialist in the field of new construction green building.
LEED AP Certification Eligibility Requirements
- Prior LEED® project experience is strongly recommended. Practitioner experience is critical to the LEED AP® designation and, as such, project proficiency will be tested objectively within the LEED AP exam itself.
- All candidates must also agree to the Disciplinary and Exam Appeals Policy and credentialing maintenance requirements, must submit to an audit, and be 18 years of age or older
- Exam Comprises 2 Part, Each part Contains 100 MCQs. Exam 4 Hours Online Computer Based Test.
- Part -1, 100 Multiple-choice questions and must be completed within the first two hours of your exam appointment.
- Part -2, 100 Multiple-choice questions and must be completed in the second two hours of your exam appointment.
All LEED® Professional exams are scored between 125 and 200. A score of 170 or higher is required to pass. Your exam score will be displayed on screen at the end of the exam and you will receive a printed report of your results from test center staff. For the LEED AP® combined exams, you must earn a 170 or higher on both parts within the same application period to earn the credential. Within 72 hours of your appointment, your exam results will be processed, your information will be updated, and, if applicable, your badge will be updated in the usgbc.org People directory.
Read More about LEED AP with Specialty Candidate Handbook – https://www.usgbc.org/resources/leed-ap-specialty-candidate-handbook
Designating Your Credential
As soon as you have passed the exam, you can use the title “LEED AP” followed by your specialty (ies) (BD+C, Homes, ID+C, ND, O+M) and/or the logo. Certificates once your exam results have been processed, you can request your certificate. Certificates are available in two forms: PDF softcopy (available for download at any time for free) and a hardcopy
(See website for pricing and ordering info) If your certificate arrives damaged or does not arrive at all, please request a free replacement.
Credential Maintenance Program
LEED APs must complete 30 continuing education (CE) hours biennially. For more information on credential maintenance, see the CMP Guide.
Earning the LEED AP after the LEED® Green Associate™
If you are a LEED Green Associate when you earn the LEED AP credential, your LEED Green Associate credential expires and is replaced by the LEED AP.
LEED AP Certification Training Course Fee
Contact our respective Branch Consultants
LEED Courses Fee Includes:
- 24 Hours of Exam Preparation Training
- Complete set of LEED AP Study Materials
- Course completion Certificate with 24 PDU
- Mock-up Tests using simulation software
- Training videos shared in our dedicated WhatsApp Groups
LEED AP Certification Training Value Added Benefits
- LEED AP Simulation Tests using Simulation Software
- Assistance for AACE Membership & Application Process
- Flexible Timings / Evening Sessions
- Industry Experienced, Certified Experts as Faculties
- Best institute for LEED Courses
- Leading and Professional Training Center in Qatar, Kuwait, Chennai & Mumbai
LEED AP Certification Exam Cost
- Full exam fee: $400 ($550 for non-members)
- Specialty only exam fee: $250 ($350 for non-members)
Register with Confidence to Achieve Success on 1st Attempt
LEED AP (BD+C)
- Getting started
- Minimum program requirements
- Rating system selection guidance
- Integrative process
- Location and transportation
- Sustainable sites
- Water efficiency
- Energy and atmosphere
- Materials and resources
- Indoor environmental quality
- Regional priority