This course has been designed to offer a complete up-to-date review of the effective understanding and use of the Contracts currently in use. The Contracts Management Workshop programme has been designed to be highly practical and includes active participation in ‘hands-on’ workshops and discussion sessions.
The course leader is highly qualified in his experience of the Contracts Managements using MPW General Conditions of Contract and FIDIC (Red Book)
The International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) has, over the years, issued a number of Standard documents for use on construction projects. The contracts which are currently in most common use around the world are: The Conditions of Contract for Construction (The 1999 Red Book); The Conditions of Contract for Plant and Design-Build (The 1999 Yellow Book); The Conditions of Contract for EPC Turnkey.
No contract will be successful unless – it is under-pinned by sound contract management and administration. More often than not it is the support team involved in the background of a contract that ensures it is a success. This course will help you to understand how the effective management and administration of a contract can deliver the goals it set out to achieve. In this course, participants will be able to have knowledge and skills on the meaning of Agreements, the importance of contracts and the ability to identify the risks and minimize risks in preparing contracts.
Training Outcomes: At the end of the workshop, the participants will:
- Understand the ‘offer and acceptance’ process of reaching agreement on the contract terms.
- Understand the contribution that contract administration can deliver and able to minimize contractual risk.
- Manage change during the contract from a risk and legal perspective Negotiate more effectively.
- Understand and draft contractual terms and conditions.
Gain confidence to engage in a legally binding contract.
- Understand the legal ramifications and obligations of each party.
This event will be of great interest to all those actively involved in National/ International projects, including representatives from Consulting Engineers, Contractors, Funding Agencies, Employers, Manufacturing Organizations as well as Project Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Cost Engineers, Procurement Engineers, Legal and other Construction Professions.
Contract Management Workshop Course Fee - Contact our respective Branch Consultants
- 20 Hours Workshop
- Study Materials
- Course completion Certificate with 18 PDU
Value Added Benefits
- Flexible Timings / Evening Sessions
- Industry Experienced, Certified Experts as Faculties
- Best institute for Contract Management related Training Programs
- Leading and Professional Training Center in Qatar, Kuwait, Chennai & Mumbai
Course OutlineRegister with Confidence to Achieve Success on 1st Attempt
Introduction to course and ground rules
Session 1 : Basic elements of Contract
Session 2 : Classification of Contracts , Mistakes and Frauds
Session 3 : Drafting Contract
Session 4 : Template of Subcontract Agreement
Conditions of Contract (MPW and 1987 FIDIC)
Session 5: Risks, Roles and Relationships
Session 6: Strategic Selection of Type of Contract
Session 7: Contract Terms and Conditions
Session 8: MPW Conditions of Contract and FIDIC 1987
FIDIC : 1999
Session 9: Overview of FIDIC Contracts
Session 10: Which Form to use when?
Session 11: Claims Procedures
Session 12: Engineer’s Assessment and Principles of Claims.