AACE International's Certified Cost Professional
AACE International’s Certified Cost Professional certification course is an independently accredited certification by the Council of Engineering & Scientific Specialty Boards (CESB) and the International Cost Engineering Council (ICEC).
CCP certification distinguishes cost and management professionals who have the knowledge and skills that impact the bottom line. AACE certification ensures a high quality standard.
About AACE International
AACE’s Certifications have been a mark of distinction for over 30 years. As the industry leader, AACE’s certifications provide exam and experience validation that lets the employers, clients, and colleagues identify those who meet the program’s competency standards. With AACE Certification, you demonstrate that you have met the highest professional standard available in the industry.
For more information, log on to https://web.aacei.org/
CCP certification Exam Preparation
This intensive course is designed to quickly and efficiently give you information, skills, strategies, and techniques to lead to successful preparation for your certification exam.
- 40 Hours of exam focused Intensive Training
- CCP Certified Instructors with industry experience
- Examination practice questions, exercises, flash cards etc.
- Full support from applying for AACE International membership to certification exam and re- certification
- Complete guidance to write your technical paper
- Free Re-training for non-pass student
At the end of CCP certification Exam Preparation program, you will:
- Be familiar with “Skills and Knowledge of Cost Engineering”
- Learn comprehensive tools & techniques in Cost Estimating and Control
- Improve your project management skills: Effective Planning and Scheduling
- Manage uncertainty in your project through an effective Risk Management Plan
- Be familiar with Contract Management
- Gain an in-depth knowledge in Total Cost Management framework
CCP Course Learning Objectives
Upon successful completion of the CCP certification Exam Preparation participants will understand the concepts of and be able to apply what they have learned in the following areas:
- Basic Cost Engineering
- Engineering Economics (Economic Analysis)
- Cost Estimation and Control
- Project Management
Professional Advantages of CCP Certification Holder in Industry
- Grants your professional credentials by providing an impartial endorsement of your knowledge and expertise.
- Results in greater recognition from peers for taking that extra step in your professional development.
- Enhances your professional image by developing certified professionals who stand out as examples of excellence.
- Shows your professional commitment and ability to perform to your peers, supervisors, and clients.
- Reflects your personal achievement of proving excellence in your field and meeting industry standards and requirements.
- Can improve career opportunities by giving you the “edge” when being considered for a promotion or other opportunities.
- May provide for greater earnings potential through salary and wage increases based on your certification status.
- Improves your skills and knowledge through training, study, and “keeping up” with the industry via the re certification requirements.
- Prepares you for greater on-the-job responsibilities by proving that you have invested in your own professional development.
- Enriches self-esteem by allowing you to distinguish yourself beyond your job title or academic degree.
Who should attend CCP Certification Exam Preparation?
CERTIFIED COST PROFESSIONAL (CCP) Certification is an highly recommended program for
- All construction industry professionals,
- Project Managers, Engineers, Consultants,
- Cost Estimators, Quantity Surveyors, Controllers,
- Accountants, or anyone who leads, manages or supports project cost planning and control.
CCP Certification Requirements | How do you become a CCP?
- 8 years industry related experience or
- 4 years industry related experience + 4-year industry related college degree
- 2,500 minimum word technical paper
- Adherence to AACE’s Canons of Ethics
Related degrees include: Engineering, building construction, construction technology, business, economics, accounting, construction management, architecture, computer science, mathematics, etc.
Submit the application, work/education verification and fees by the due date posted on AACE’s International website.
CCP Certification Exam Preparation Course Fee
Contact our respective Branch Consultants
Submit Application Instructions and fees
There are two steps in making an application for the CCP exam: Application & Payment and Supporting Documentation.
All candidates must make application and remit payment online or submit a downloadable application with payment information provided.
Certification fees are US$ 450 for AACE Members and
US$ 575 for Non-Members. All fees are non-refundable.
All candidates must submit experience/education verification documentation AND the required MS Word formatted 2,500 minimum word technical papers to AACE Certification staff.
CCP Certification Examination Structure
- 5 hours maximum
- 120 simple multiple choice and compound, scenario questions
- Closed Book – onscreen formula sheet(s) will be available for use
- Any style, battery operated calculator permitted (not provided by the testing center)
The Certification Board recommends your technical paper topic be something with which you are already familiar, such as a project you have done at work or something in which you have acquired a great deal of expertise in your professional career. The chosen topic is not as important as your ability to communicate through your paper. Be sure to follow the recommendations described in the Certification Paper Requirements (How to Write a Technical Paper) guide.
The Computer Based Test is a 120 MCQ 5 hour continuous four part closed book exam. However, formula guides were developed to assist in calculating specific questions and available onscreen, when, and if, needed. Candidates are also permitted to bring any style of calculator, including programmable calculators, to use during the exam.
- Part I – Supporting Skills & Knowledge
- Part II – Economic Analysis
- Part III – Project Management
- Part IV – Cost Estimating and Control
CBT exams are conducted by https://www.kryteriononline.com/ around the year. Check your testing center location and working hours at this website.
To schedule you’re CBT, logon to this website : http://web.aacei.org/certification/certifications-offered/exam-scheduling-tutorial
The purpose of recertifying is to ensure that the candidate maintain the same level of knowledge originally demonstrated when you passed the written examination.
Individuals holding CCP certifications must recertify every three years from the date of their original certification. Recertification is required to assure that AACE International Certified individuals are competent with new and current developments within their field.
Two Ways to Re-certify
- The Professional Credit Plan is the most popular choice for re-certification. It requires the accumulation of 15 re-certification points over a 3 year period Examination.
- Sit for the exam. Re certification by reexamination requires you to pass the certification examination every 3 years.
Chennai : +91 84289 50588
Kuwait : +965 6077 4066
Register with Confidence to Achieve Success on 1st Attempt
- Cost Elements
- Equipment, Parts and Tools
- Economic Costs
- Activity-Based Cost Management
- Process Product Manufacturing
- Discrete Product Manufacturing
PLANNING AND SCHEDULING
PROGRESS AND COST CONTROL
- Progress Measurement and Earned Value
- Earned Value for Variable Budgets
- Tracking Cost and Schedule Performance
- Performance and Productivity Management
- Project Management Fundamentals
- Project Organization Structure
- Project Planning
- Project Labor Cost Control
- Leadership and Management of Project People
- Quality Management
- Value Analysis
- Contracting for Capital Projects
- Strategic Asset Management
- Basic Engineering Economics
- Applied Engineering Economics
STATISTICS, PROBABILITY AND RISK
- Statistics & Probability
- Basic Concepts in Descriptive Statistics
- Risk Management